Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Harris Museum

Harris Museum

For my harris museum shoot i shot my photos in the middle of the town centre in Preston. There was a hall which had perfect lighting for my shoot so i couldn't miss the opportunity to take some photos. I knew all of the models in my photographs apart from one. 

I went up to the person and asked if i could take a picture of him without him changing anything that he wasn't doing before. This way the photo is natural and not deliberate posing. I saw a picture of the guy before id even taken it and the framing of the photo was almost perfect so i had to take a photo. For this photo i like the shallow depth of field and the colorful window tint at the end of the hall. I experimented with the color of this photo, i started off trying to change it to black and white to see which effect would look better in the photo. In conclusion i found that there was too much useful color in this photo to take all that away so i decided to keep it in color. 



Because of the lack of color in the original photo i thought that it would be better to turn this photo into black and white. Merely due to the fact that we were given a theme to shoot pictures of wonder and confidence whether it was full or lack of confidence. 




For this photo i decided to frame the photo differently. I chose to shoot this photo from being knelt down to get the lampshade in the photo. By having this lampshade at the top of the models head it almost gives the idea that he's in thought or has an idea. Although the framing of photos looks better when it is shot from straight on, in this case i think it gives it a wonder look. 




I like these photos because it shows good composition with the use of natural surroundings, i have shot all of these three photos in black and white because i think it sets the mood and again creates the sense of deep in thought and wonder.






No comments:

Post a Comment